Thursday 4 October 2007

Uleth Oct 3

I've only walked 27.63 km since the last post, mostly in hallways.
Today I'm thinking of walking in Oklahoma City, a place I've been only once before. At that time we drove around the city looking for a water pump for an old Hyundai Pony, a car that no one in America had heard of. So we couldn't find the right part and had to fill up the radiator with barsleaks, a kind of cooling system glue, and hope that the water pump didn't blow up till we reached Houston. We never did find the part in the US and eventually when I had to fly back to Canada, I bought one at Canadian Tire and mailed it back to Houston. No walking was involved in that visit to Oklahoma City. I now have to imagine strolling the streets of a place I can only remember as the interiors of numerous radiator shops and auto parts sales outlets.

No comments: